As a company rich in tradition, discretion is a given for us and the protection of privacy is a priority. It is also important for us to be perceived as a serious distribution channel. The following provides detailed information about how we handle collected data:
1. Collecting personal data and provider identification
(1) The following information is about the collection of personal data when using this website. Personal data are all data that can personally identify you or other natural persons, for example, name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
(2) BCG Baden-Baden Cosmetics Group GmbH is a service provider in accordance with section 13 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG) and a controller in accordance with section 3(7) of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), see also our Legal Notice.
2. Right to information and withdrawal
(1) You have the right at all times to request information from us about any data about you that we have stored, and about the origin of the data and of the recipients or categories of recipient to which these data are disclosed and the purpose of the storage.
(2) If you have given your consent to the use of data, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
(3) Please direct any requests for information, or queries or objections to the processing of your data to the address listed in our Legal Notice.
3. Data security
We maintain up to date technical procedures to ensure data security, in particular in relation to the protection of your personal data against risks during data transfer and against third parties acquiring knowledge of these data. These procedures are continuously updated to reflect the current state of the art.
4. Collection of personal data where the website is used for information purposes
(1) If you are using the website simply for information purposes, that is to say, if you are not logging in or registering to use the website or providing us with any other information, we will not collect any personal data, with the exception of the data that your browser transmits in order to enable you to visit the website. These data are:
a) IP address
b) Date and time of query
c) Time zone difference in relation to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
d) Content of request (specific page)
e) Access status/HTTP status code
f) Transferred data quantity in each case
g) Website issuing the request
i) Operating system and its interface
j) Language and version of the browser software.
(2) Furthermore, cookies will be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to your browser, and through which certain information passes to the body responsible for setting the cookies (us, in this case). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make our Internet services overall more user-friendly and effective.
(4) We only store pseudonymous data in the cookies used. When a cookie is activated, it receives an identification number; your personal data are not assigned to this identification number.
a) Transient cookies are automatically deleted once you close the browser. This includes in particular session cookies. These store a session ID with which various queries from your browser can be assigned to the same session. This enables your computer to be identified on a return visit to the website. The session cookies are deleted once you log out or close the browser.
b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specific period of time, which may vary from cookie to cookie. You may delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
c) You may configure your browser settings as required and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. However, we would like to point out that if you do so, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
d) The flash cookies used are not collected by your browser but by your flash plug-in. They store the necessary data independently of the browser you use and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not wish the flash cookies to be processed, you will have to install an add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy[Macklin1] /) or Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome.
(6) This stored information is stored separately from any other data submitted to us. The cookies data, in particular, are not associated with your other data.
(7) You may prevent cookies being stored by adjusting the settings in your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that if you do so you may not be able to make full use of all of the functions of this website.
5. Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. If IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will truncate your IP address within the Member States of the European Union or in other treaty States of the European Economic Area prior to transmitting it to the US. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the website provider for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing the website provider with other services relating to website activity and Internet usage.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
(3) You may prevent the collection for Google of the data (incl. your IP address) generated by cookies and related to your use of the website, and the processing of such data, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in that can be accessed at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. or by using Google Analytics OptOuton the basis of a cookie.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses are processed in truncated form, thereby preventing them from being traced to a specific person.
(5) Google Analytics is used in compliance with the requirements which the German data protection authorities and Google have agreed upon. Information from the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User terms and conditions: www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the privacy statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
We do not collect the personal data of minors. In the event that such data are collected unwittingly, they will be deleted without delay.
7. Online dispute resolution
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution, which can be accessed at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. We are willing but not obligated to participate in a non-judicial arbitration process.